Dr. Pramod S Chinder is a chief consultant in Musculoskeletal Oncology at the HCG Hospital, Bangalore. His graduation and post graduation are from the Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore [Manipal University]. He was trained as a Clinical Fellow for one year in the Department of Hand and Reconstructive Microsurgery under Prof Robert W.Pho in National University Hospital. Prof Robert Pho is a world renowned person for Biological Tumour Reconstruction. He continued his training in the Department of Musculoskeletal Oncology at Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli in Bologna, Italy under Prof Mario Mercuri and Dr Marco Manfrini and under Prof Christopher Mathoulin in Istitut de la main , Clinique Jouvenet, Paris, France.
Dr Pramod has operated over 8000+ cases. He started the musculoskeletal oncology program in HCG in 2010. Since then, the department has managed more than 700 primary sarcoma cases and 1000 plus metastatic bone tumours and operated more than 900 surgeries in last 5 years. The department focuses on the multidisciplinary management including various subspecialties of oncology like radiation oncology, medical oncology, Pathology, Radiology , Nuclear medicine, Genetics, Psychooncology, integrative oncology, stem cell and Regenerative medicine. Through HCG Foundation and various other groups many underprivileged sarcoma cases have been treated.
Practice and Key interests
- Limb salvage surgeries with Biological reconstruction
- CATS ( Computer Assisted Tumour Surgery)
- Use of Fresh Frozen Allograft
- Microsurgical reconstruction
- Complex Pelvic tumours and reconstructions for Chondrosarcomas, Osteosarcomas and Ewing's sarcoma
- Use of molecular and targeted agents in the management of massive tumours (Denosumab in Giant cell tumours)
- Virtual Reality in Physiotherapy
- Robotic pelvic surgeries - Davinci
- 3D Printing - Navigation in Oncology
- Stem cell and regenerative therapy